Processor lost 12 of my birds!

MarneS

Hatching
Jun 26, 2018
We dropped off 49 very healthy cornish cross at a poultry processing plant the evening before butcher day (like they told us we could) We picked up the frozen birds today and were told 12 of them died overnight. They weren't sure what happened! When we dropped them off they made us put them in shallow crates. 8 chickens per crate. They were packed in there, but I assumed they knew what they were doing. There was really no explanation or compensation. I'm so mad!!!! Just wondering if anyone has heard of this... or if there is anything I can do. I definitely plan to butcher my own next time!

It rained that evening ... so it wasn't that hot. But most of my birds dressed out at 6 lbs. She said they had the misters on them, but I'm sure they were too crowded.
I'm just wondering if I can file a claim on their insurance or turn them in...or let it go..??
You could.. it may be more hassle than its worth. But if you think it would keep it from happening to someone else..:idunno

The best answer is to find another processor and when you know it to be true, proclaim how great they are to your neighbors. I went through 4 deer processors always with varying levels of satisfaction. When I found a good one, I send them business as often as possible. People always complain about processors so I wouldn’t expect your complaints to do Much good

Back
Top Bottom