Production Hens

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Tamrajh, May 31, 2010.

1. Tamrajh

Tamrajh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    West Haven
    I've had it with them. They're ugly, they don't have manners, they're pigs, and they're not laying eggs. We've had them for 2 months and I keep thinking it's going to get better, they just need time but when the rest of the chickens aren't getting enough to eat because these little piglets are scarfing everything down in sight, that's it. They're out.
    So, 13 production mixed breed chickens going up on the selling block. RIR and White Leghorn. Lay brown eggs occasionally. Are ugly. Eat fingers.
    Fine. I tried to save them. I am not that kind of person I guess. I want pretty birds who don't eat my fingers and who lay eggs or have a personality. Fine. Stupid boxed birds anyway.
    OK, rant over. Thanks for watching. [​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    My girls have recently quit laying as well, but I'm blaming the heat... hit 100 here to day and I turned the AC on in the coop from 2PM to 6PM.... they stopped panting after it had been on for 30 minutes.

3. AZKat

AZKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2009
    My girls had been slacking off as well, but have started to lay more since I started running the mister-I got six eggs yesterday and eight today, up from 4-5 before I was running the mister. I've got nine pullets, but one is broody and so not laying.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by