Production Quality Faverolle ??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lydiagirl99, Aug 4, 2016.

1. lydiagirl99

lydiagirl99 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2016
    Michigan (By The Thumb)
    My rooster Prince was sold to me as an Americana. I was told he's a Production Quality Faverolle but have also been told otherwise. Someone help me out ?

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

That's too bad even for hatchery quality - he's a Faverolles mix.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    mixed bree

4. AshlyMommaWard

AshlyMommaWard Chillin' With My Peeps

I think he looks to me like an Easter eggers rooster. Easter eggers often pop up with single combs like his, the dark legs, the beard. I had some that would've finished maturing to look just like him.
    Those above are generally correct. Easter eggers are themselves mixed breeds. But that's why he was sold to you as Ameracauna, Easter eggers are all to often falsely advertised as such.
    In either case, I think he's beautiful, one of my favorite colors on a rooster. And if he's got the personality to match you're in good shape. :)

5. lydiagirl99

May 31, 2016
    Michigan (By The Thumb)
    Thank you ! He's just fathered quite a few children and they've came in alllll sorts so I was getting curious. His personality definitely matches it. He's the best rooster. Only problem I've had is him being to gentle when he should have been more protective [​IMG] I've thrown him many obstacles such as, Pheasants, new chickens (Including 2 cockerels), and a momma with 3 babies and he's accepted them all ![​IMG]

6. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    That is a poorly bred hatchery Faverolle.

7. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Not a Faverolle, even a poorly bred one. Is this the same rooster that produced black chicks? Faverolles are wheaten. They don't produce black chicks. That boy is 'birchen' patterned.

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Hatchery quality Salmon Faverolle

9. summerb123

summerb123 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2016
    Mississippi
    he is mixed

10. lydiagirl99

May 31, 2016
    Michigan (By The Thumb)
    I think I'm just going to call him a mixed breed from now on, this is all so complicated and yes ! He hatched out a black chick. He's got black/blue legs. The used to have a light tint to them like you can see in the picture of him when younger. It's been the only black one out of 3 hatches. The white has basically gone away on him but I think it might come back with age.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

He also hatched out this chick. With very yellow legs.
    [​IMG]
    Both of the chicks are clean legged BUT about a quarter of chicks in a hatch fathered by him have fully feathered legs. I just didn't keep any because they're mostly a plan yellow color, though I've had a few colored like the one above with feathered legs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by