Production Reds

I am going to wait about a week to get more pictures so I can tell if any will have pea combs or not. Right now it's hard to see the comb they look so flat looking.
Here is a picture of 4 chicks by another hen that he was with.

There was actually one more that hatched a little later than these so was not in the picture. It was white like the other three in this picture and all the shite ones had crests like mama, but the only red one, actually it looks black over a real dark red undertone on the head nd neck and chest area, did not get a crest.

http://www.efowl.com/Production_Red_Chickens_p/1034.htm

well now ya'll have me confused! I had decided on "Production Reds" because what I read said they were heat hardy and good dual purpose birds. But I can't imagine anything originating out of RI or NH as being heat hardy lol Our summer temps are well over 100* most days so I need birds who aren't going to wither in the heat and will still produce.

well now ya'll have me confused! I had decided on "Production Reds" because what I read said they were heat hardy and good dual purpose birds. But I can't imagine anything originating out of RI or NH as being heat hardy lol Our summer temps are well over 100* most days so I need birds who aren't going to wither in the heat and will still produce.

I live in Houston tx and I have 4 pr's that do just fine in the heat. I do have a fan to ciculate air in the barn but they love it outside.

Back
Top Bottom