Profitable Poultry to raise?

Laci7210

Songster
6 Years
Apr 30, 2013
I'm ordering about 30 chicks to be here next month. I raise them to laying point and sell most of them for profit. I am looking for other profitable poultry to raise. Out of geese, turkeys, ducks, or guineas which are the most profitable? And can I raise them with my chicks or should they be separate? Thank you!

Ducks depending on the breed,and living environment.

Ducks require a lot of attention though.Coop clean ups,new water about every few seconds of putting it in etc.And require much food.I suggest on getting them,but,di you have the time and money?

I myself was going threw this,luckily my grandparents decided to help out.I was considering raising ducks,but,they are just toi messy.So,I considered turkeys,which also require attention,but that's because their poults.And also are more vulnerable of catching disease.I have had much research before getting them though.

OK thank you! I've had turkeys before but had trouble keeping them from flying out all the time. But I really do like them though! I have 5 ducks now that I raised so I don't have a problem with them. I just wasn't sure if people were buying them. I am defiantly considering ducks now. Are they easy to sell?

I'm ordering about 30 chicks to be here next month. I raise them to laying point and sell most of them for profit. I am looking for other profitable poultry to raise. Out of geese, turkeys, ducks, or guineas which are the most profitable? And can I raise them with my chicks or should they be separate? Thank you!

Since you are already doing the chicks, try Ducks Pekins grow quick and depending on where you are, they are marketable. A Breeding pair can go for anywhere from $40. Their ducklings anywhere from $4. Just sold a 7 week old pekin for $10
Muscovy ducks are good setters but I have not tried selling mine yet.

Back
Top Bottom