progress on our $75 coop *-(PICS)-*

sangel4you

Songster
10 Years
Apr 11, 2009
Halifax, Pennsylvania
So we finally started our playhouse style coop on saturday after moving our ladies out to a temporary coop because they were just TOO MUCH in the house anymore at nearly two months old! Lol Yessss I know we're slackers!
Anyway, we worked saturday evening, and most of the day yesterday.... now this afternoon I am going over to paint the front of the coop since it's raining and we can do too much moving of the wood but it's nice that I only have to pain the front because the rest was recycled garage doors that were already painted! And I'm not so concerned with painting the treated 2x4s that we picked up from a friends junk pile...mainly I am only painting it (with this ugly gray knock off deck paint - but oh well it was CHEAP!) to protect the wood a bit... will try to post pictures in the next day or two but my goal is to have the coop it self done by friday and the run done by the middle of next week! I want my girls to have a HOME! nest boxes will probably be added once their moved in since they won't start laying until august.

Last edited:
Sounds like they will have a happy little home. I would love to see pic.

I love cheap, cheap makes the best things.
smile.png

Julie

posting pics either later tonight or tommorrow...it's DONE
big_smile.png
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
woot.gif
and they are moved in!!! Although that's a funny story from what I found when I went to tuck them in tonight but...that's another post! Lol Two weeks and two days from when we started, the girls have a place to live!!!

Quote:
spoken like a real chicken...person.

Beautiful coop! (your kid is adorable too!)

This is my first post on this site and just had to say it looks great! Thanks for sharing the pics and the great ideas.

Back
Top Bottom