Progression of my first hatch!

I just read your post also, I am just done making my eggs sized clay egg, my DH gets off at 3 I am about to call him and ask him to grab one on the way home. I used more water then that, I find that the snack bags don't holf their seal very well, just FYI, but I think I am going to take some water out of mine. I haven't put eggs in yet waiting on the temps to work out. My humidity reads just a couple degrees off right now on them, but it's between 40-43% and really that is high isn't it to start a hatch?

I made 4 clay eggs and used a brand new oral thermometer and set them close but not not really close but anyways I have a big difference in temperatures, from 99.1-102! What does this mean? Uneven heating, what can I do to fix this?

Any advice? Anyone.....

I don't know how to fix this problem?!

hide.gif
hit.gif

I am new and I dont think I can be much help. is youe bator still air?
have you tried switching the therms up and thus seeing if they are regering diffrent instead of the spot being diffrent?

I think that it seems from what I have read that digital and mercry or what not the oral glass ones and all those dont always read the same I have an oral glass therm and a digital and if I take my temp one right after the other no variation in anything they still seem to read a degree or so diffrent, I am very very new at all this and Havent hatched my own yet but I would think just let everything sit for an hour and then check temps again. I am shure someone that knows something will be along in a bit to help out.

thumbsup.gif

Calibrating thermometers - the easy way by twigg

did you check that post ? Its on page two i think

Last edited:
Never tryed the clay egg thing. It may be a matter of not coming up to temp yet. Those eggs should warm slowly. If air is blowing across one faster than the other it will warm up quicker than one with less air flow. They should level off at the same temp. I would just put one clay egg in the bator right in the middle of the eggs with the oral thermometer in it. I would then got check its reading every now an then an see where it levels out at. It usually takes several hours to level off. And another 2 or 3 hours every tome you touch the thermostat.

Okay now I can't get into any post but this one! I am getting ready to check the temps, I have to find the thermometer, I put it up so the kids wouldn't get it and lost it. lol great!

Okay the digital thermometer and the probe in the makeshift water wiggler are one and the same, they read 100 exactly!!! Yay, should I leave it or turn it down a bit? The manual says the best temp is 100 but others say 99.5 so what is it? Oh and it is better to put my eggs in at night or first thing in the morning?

YAY on youre temps stablizeing
celebrate.gif

I dont know about the 100 versus 99.5 but I am shure someone will know.Maybe go by what the manual says?
And I think night versus day is personal choice.

Good luck
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom