Prolapse + gleet? Help!!!!

600 mg is the usual dose.
So I found a vet that works in poultry a few hours away. Do you think it would be better if I went in and got her some stay sutures? I’m worried about debridement too. We cannot get all that weird stuff off, idek what it is. Even with the slings I’ve been making she gets them off or moves just right to mess it up. I’m about to make that hammock sling to be honest lol

If having a vet see her is doable for you, then that is good. Entirely up to you. Many don't have access to one that sees birds or aren't able to handle what could be a costly bill. It boils down to access and financial ability. Entirely your decision.

If having a vet see her is doable for you, then that is good. Entirely up to you. Many don't have access to one that sees birds or aren't able to handle what could be a costly bill. It boils down to access and financial ability. Entirely your decision.
My husband said it looks less angry today, I think we’re gonna try the hammock sling until Thursday and if she’s not still looking better we will take her in Thursday. It’s quite a far drive but we love her

My husband said it looks less angry today, I think we’re gonna try the hammock sling until Thursday and if she’s not still looking better we will take her in Thursday. It’s quite a far drive but we love her
Check this out! Looking better!

Attachments

• PXL_20240314_003013127_Original.jpeg
    PXL_20240314_003013127_Original.jpeg
    696.7 KB · Views: 7
It does look better! Fingers crossed.....
Sometimes patience is the hardest thing, but it often pays off. Time is a great healer.
Hope she continues to improve.

It does look better! Fingers crossed.....
Sometimes patience is the hardest thing, but it often pays off. Time is a great healer.
Hope she continues to improve.
What do ya think? Is it time to do outdoor solo living for my girl until she passes her first egg?

Attachments

• IMG_8636.jpeg
    IMG_8636.jpeg
    744.4 KB · Views: 3
If she's pooping and no issues with that, the prolapse is staying in, and she seems ok otherwise, acting normal, eating and drinking well, then yes you can. I would keep a close eye on her so that when she does lay, you make sure all goes well. I had one last summer with a pretty bad prolapse that had to stay in for almost 2 weeks. When she went back out she prolapsed again on the first egg. So back inside for another week. I was worried that she would continue to prolapse. It's now been almost a year and she hasn't had another.
You just need to make sure, so that if it happens again it doesn't get pecked at and more damaged. Here's hoping it was a one time deal with yours and all will be well.

Back
Top Bottom