Prolapsed Drake Penis, I think (pics)

Pics
I can't help with this medical issue, I'm so sorry and I hope you are able to help him get better.
But yes, our Olive is doing so much better after we were positive we would lose her. The vet gave us pain meds and told us to come back in to have her put down WHEN her condition got worse, he expected only a few days. Several weeks later she is doing great, eating again and a happy duck.
I would have brought her to be put down if it got to that point but I had lots of help :) and wasn't letting her go without a fight.
Went to let them out every morning preparing to find that she had died overnight. Many days wondering if I was doing the right thing for her.
Even the vet was amazed. I hope your boy gets better, it's really hard but you have some great people here that really know their stuff!

I appreciate everyone’s points of view, opinions, advice, everything! I truly do. I am AN EXTREME ANIMAL LOVER, to the point where it would be hard for me to raise my own meat birds and cull them to harvest. However, I will not pay an extreme vet bill to try and fix him, I simply can’t afford it. If he was a she, providing me with eggs, then yes maybe I would. But I will try my best to fix him and if I cannot and he gets worse, than I will put him down humanely. If you don’t like it, keep scrolling, unfollow this post, block me whatever you need to do.
But I will not take extreme, commanding projections on what I should and shouldn’t do. He is my birdie, I will do what I feel is best.
Again, thank you everyone SO MUCH. I really appreciate it.
I am going to wash him again tonight and tie off that sack thing. Photos will be later tonight.

PEACE AND BLESSINGS

I appreciate everyone’s points of view, opinions, advice, everything! I truly do. I am AN EXTREME ANIMAL LOVER, to the point where it would be hard for me to raise my own meat birds and cull them to harvest. However, I will not pay an extreme vet bill to try and fix him, I simply can’t afford it. If he was a she, providing me with eggs, then yes maybe I would. But I will try my best to fix him and if I cannot and he gets worse, than I will put him down humanely. If you don’t like it, keep scrolling, unfollow this post, block me whatever you need to do.
But I will not take extreme, commanding projections on what I should and shouldn’t do. He is my birdie, I will do what I feel is best.
Again, thank you everyone SO MUCH. I really appreciate it.
I am going to wash him again tonight and tie off that sack thing. Photos will be later tonight.

PEACE AND BLESSINGS
I hope it works.
:fl
Please keep us updated.

E2C0301F-A9B3-4641-9A93-2BFAEF3746B7.jpeg
Ok. So he had a warm bath tonight. I cleaned off some scaly skin around the base of his penis going into his body. It was bright red underneath the scaly skin, so I slathered it in neosporin. I cleaned the strangulated area, peeling away more of the scaly skin and tied a silk suture very tightly at the base of the mass, making sure the penis was not caught in the suture. He winced a lot at the tightening around the base of the mass. *sigh* I hate to hurt him. I hope this thing just shrivels up and falls off. I was going to lance the sack after I tied it off but decided not too. (Tired mama here and didn’t want to keep poking at him).
I will keep you guys posted. The suture is black. You can see if you zoom in on it.

I'll be honest here, I have no idea what that is. It almost looks like a sac of blood and/or puss and blood, but I am no vet, but it looks like just a growth of infection. Again not sure. And i don't blame you for not wanting to mess with it anymore. But i would give it a few days, if it doesn't improve or shrink or fall off, i would try and lance it. I know its gonna hurt, but some pain is better then the alternative. Good luck and thanks for the update. :)

Back
Top Bottom