You may have noticed a thread I made last week about this problem and this new thread is kind of an update/part 2 talk about this problem. Well, the bird is nearly 5 weeks old, it has a prolapsed vent and this is often times fatal. I have the bird isolated, because not doing so the other birds peck at the vent and will eventually pull it's intestines out(yuck). It's more normal for this to happen on a grown bird from laying too big of an egg, rather than a chick like the problem I have. There are treatments which include using preperation H and gently trying to tuck the prolapsed vent back in, and even this procedure is often times ineffective and the bird needs to be culled. I have the stuff and I'm ready to try the procedure but part of me is scared, I know chances are it's not going to survive and that sucks. My question is: would it be better to wait until the bird is bigger to try the procedure to fix it, or is it better to do it when it's young? Here's a picture for educational purposes, hopefully you don't ever discover this problem in one of your girls.