Prolapsed vent

I would give her a few more days.
I'm still thinking that tissue may need to come out or it may finally come off.

If she's eating/drinking, alert and doesn't seem to be in pain, then give her time.

I would give her a few more days.
I'm still thinking that tissue may need to come out or it may finally come off.

If she's eating/drinking, alert and doesn't seem to be in pain, then give her time.
Thank you! My thoughts exactly. Yes, I hope it comes off on its own, kind of like how a scab would when healing etc. Fingers crossed. She is acting just fine(knock on wood lol). Full of "pee"(lol to sound nicer on here) and vinegar actually. She got me soaked last night-liked the soak but she had her toes curled under and didn't want her to be uncomfortable for soak..tried to help reposition and she went flap crazy and soaked me LOL. We were both not thrilled for a bit haha.

Are you placing her in tote for soaking? The floor of that may be a bit slippery. A small liner or even an old hand towel in the bottom may make her feel more secure.
Yes, she was fine the night before and stood fine. She stood ok she just freaks out if you try to move her at all before taking her out lol. Doesn't quite understand the trying to help thing lol, she also tried to walk away from drying her off (whereas the night before she held completely still). Last night she insisted on standing so I dried her that way and she almost fell asleep lol. The tote is not very wide but may try the towel if needed.

Well now she is leaking poo/pee mix again. Skin really red. Yesterday stool was solid and normal...today not so much. Was hoping if stayed solid would help with skin etc. Maybe will skip the soak tonight and let her loose in the fenced yard to explore and enjoy herself for a bit. Will still apply ointment for some relief but want her to enjoy something before she can't anymore. 🙁😥

Edit: Skipped the soak and it was the right choice, some of her tissue is turning gray. 🙁🙁🙁🙁

Last edited:
Well now she is leaking poo/pee mix again. Skin really red. Yesterday stool was solid and normal...today not so much. Was hoping if stayed solid would help with skin etc. Maybe will skip the soak tonight and let her loose in the fenced yard to explore and enjoy herself for a bit. Will still apply ointment for some relief but want her to enjoy something before she can't anymore. 🙁😥

Edit: Skipped the soak and it was the right choice, some of her tissue is turning gray. 🙁🙁🙁🙁
Can you get some photos of what it looks like now?

Good call on the soaking. Letting her outside for a while is a nice break for you both.

Can you get some photos of what it looks like now?

Good call on the soaking. Letting her outside for a while is a nice break for you both.
Could not get a photo this morning. She would not hold still for anything so ended up just having to put ointment on and call it good. She protested that also by trying to flee lol.

She enjoyed it and I enjoyed watching her act like a goofball lol.

Basically recently she had one spot that had a gray/white color to it but wasn't too big. Yesterday when I let her outside she ended up finally having a normal bowel movement and of course it kind of turns out a bit when they poo... the whole outside edge of it is turning gray. It was very pronounced when she went to the bathroom and could see more of the tissue. I don't think swelling is really any better either. 🙁🙁🙁🙁

Could not get a photo this morning. She would not hold still for anything so ended up just having to put ointment on and call it good. She protested that also by trying to flee lol.

She enjoyed it and I enjoyed watching her act like a goofball lol.

Basically recently she had one spot that had a gray/white color to it but wasn't too big. Yesterday when I let her outside she ended up finally having a normal bowel movement and of course it kind of turns out a bit when they poo... the whole outside edge of it is turning gray. It was very pronounced when she went to the bathroom and could see more of the tissue. I don't think swelling is really any better either. 🙁🙁🙁🙁
That doesn't sound too good does it.

That doesn't sound too good does it.
Here are best pics I could get this evening. Can see some of the discolored tissue in enlarged pic but it is more obvious when she goes poo bc can see the tissue a bit more. Area that was like a "scab" has gotten bigger/worse. Will not come off with trying gently. Skin below is very irritated and red.

Attachments

• 20200807_203540.jpg
    20200807_203540.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20200807_205619.jpg
    20200807_205619.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom