Proper wyandotte face type

Ive bought birds from brinkhaven before everythings wrong with them. Thanks to that stock my wyandottes have white legs I can never get rid of because its a dom gene.
It being a dominant gene should make it easier to get rid of. Any offspring with yellow legs should produce yellow legged offspring. It’s the recessive genes you have to watch out for.

It being a dominant gene should make it easier to get rid of. Any offspring with yellow legs should produce yellow legged offspring. It’s the recessive genes you have to watch out for.
According to this chart white over yellow is all white
FB_IMG_1709235688696.jpg

I couldn't get past the tails. Good catch on the beaks. Fair pattern pictured but background birds have poor patterns. Far from $22 per chick quality.

The more I see of BLR stock being sold the more I realize I don't charge enough. And I know mine are not SOP Wyandotte. There is a lot going on with Wyandotte body type perfection. Too bad you don't live closer, I'm giving cockerels and cock birds away for free.
Your birds are gorgeous. I was interested in buying some of your hatching eggs but I honestly don't have the time or space to do it.

According to this chart white over yellow is all white View attachment 3760316
If they are homozygous for white.
Even if they are homozygous for white, their offspring will have the yellow gene.
Yellow carriers bred to yellow they will produce 50 percent yellow offspring. If you breed yellow to yellow you will get all yellow offspring.
The real person to feel sorry for is me because I am using a Dominique bantam to introduce the silver gene to my cuckoo d’Anvers which means that all the offspring have white legs but carry the yellow gene.
Meaning one quarter of the F2s will have yellow gene and one half carry it and one quarter will be pure for white.
But to figure out which are homozygous for white and heterozygous for white is impossible without intensive test breeding. Which I am prepared to do.

And before anyone says it was a terrible idea to introduce the yellow leg gene… my pure cuckoo d’Anvers already carried it. I got her from a breeder so I don’t know her history, but when crossed with the Dominique half the offspring had yellow legs.
Really there are no good cuckoo d’Anvers out there and that’s why I aim to change it.

I also wouldnt buy wyandottes from meyer because its brinkhavens stock its literally the same pics from their website, apparently anyone can just sell through hatcheries these days lol
Screenshot_20240301-131435_Chrome.jpg

I also wouldnt buy wyandottes from meyer because its brinkhavens stock its literally the same pics from their website, apparently anyone can just sell through hatcheries these days lolView attachment 3760984
Thats disappointing, I feel like most of the good breeders I was looking at a few years ago have disappeared and options are limited.

Yep, lost my chance at citrone sebrights a few years ago, now the breeder is retired and I can't find them at all. All remaining breeders are breeding hatchery stock.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, aren't they relatively easy to make though? Last I had read, I thought it would only take 3 generations to lock the color in?

Back
Top Bottom