Props to the HovaBator Genesis 1588 w/automatic turner!

Hatch #2 went almost identically to hatch #1.
Filled Bator (42 of my own backyard mix eggs)
Had 12 clears
30 went to lockdown
28 hatched. (93% hatch rate)
Again, followed the directions to the letter. No alterations.
The only thing I notice is that the chicks tend to hatch the night of day 19 and most come out on day 20.
I have been calling the day I set the eggs as day 0, like I was told to do, but I think I'll just call it day 1 from now on.

I am just finishing up my first hatch in the Brinsea Octagon. I like it, automatic and all the bells and whistles and all that. BUT, when it came to lock down and hatching, I just want something where I can see more and give more head room to the chicks. With the pump setup, the chicks are always bumping into it.

Curious what you all think of the headroom for the chicks in this Hovabator?

TIA!
Jenn

edited for failure to spell check!

Last edited:
I bought my first Genesis 1588 in 2012. Liked it so well I bought 2 more in 2013. I was using my little giant as a hatcher and having lots of deaths the last 3 days... installed a new thermostat in it... then sold it when I bought my 4th Genesis in 2014.

What is a good temperature humidity gauge that is trustworthy and accurate that wont cost a ton of money?
I am not impressed with the accurite ones that cost around $9

Last edited:
Now... the next question..

what is a good temperature humidity gauge that is trustworthy and accurate that wont cost a ton of money?

Ditto that question...

The GQF web site has the shake down type and a few other instruments listed on their site. I am thinking about trying the egg shaped thermometer since my incubators all detect temp from above and so does the HG1588 if I end up buying it.

Anyone try that one or have one they like especially?

Now... the next question..

what is a good temperature humidity gauge that is trustworthy and accurate that wont cost a ton of money?

Ditto that question...

Ditto that question from me too

Ooh. I hope all of this doesn't happen to mind!! Love my hatch rates so far! And it's so darn easy! Setting 41 again tomorrow! :)
After this hatch, I'll actually have the incubator paid off! (Not that it actually matters since it was a gift, but I'm trying to keep this hobby cost-neutral!! So far the only way to actually make some decent $$ is hatching my own backyard mix eggs and selling hatching eggs.)

Back
Top Bottom