Props to the HovaBator Genesis 1588 w/automatic turner!

I tried three times. I unpluged the bator and pluged it back in while holding down the up/down button. which brings up 2.9. Then I pressed the up button but it doesn't change the numbers?
idunno.gif
What am I doing wrong? O.k I don't feel so dumb! I called company and they couldn't figure it out either.
You get frustrated just like me. You said you called the factory... did they tell you how they test the temp/hygrometers and they are accurate?

I have tested my 4 incubators using 2 of those temperature checking eggs at the same time. When the eggs were new late winter they read exactly the same.
I put the batteries in this week to use them and they are 1.1 degree different. One of the egg thermometers matches that incubator.

In my #2 Genesis, I have the incutherm temperature/hygrometer that I bought new this year. That incubator has a new replaced thermostat sent by the factory this winter.
The temperature of the incubator is reading .5 degree lower than the incutherm gauge.
The humidity in the incubator is 10% less than the incutherm gauge. THAT concerns me.

I had tested the incutherm gauge and 4 cheapo crappy accurite temp/hygrometer gauges using the salt method a few weeks ago. The incutherm gauge was perfect.
Maybe I better check it again.

Help I don't know what to do! I tested my digital therm. ice water method an it reads 1.5 degrees higher then it should. My two 1588 hovabators read 102 using that therm. which would be 100.5. My new 1588 reads 100 degrees which would only be 98.5 degrees! Ineed to get eggs in today! I followed the directions and can't get the temp to raise at all! Help Please!
fl.gif
I have never heard of the ice water method... can you tell me where that info is?

An alternative to the ice water method is the warm water method . Heat a container of water to 100 deg using a fever thermometer as your guide. The photo is of my daughter checking a 6" spirit thermometer. We used an insulated thermos cup to maintain a stable
water temp longer.

You get frustrated just like me. You said you called the factory... did they tell you how they test the temp/hygrometers and they are accurate?

I have tested my 4 incubators using 2 of those temperature checking eggs at the same time. When the eggs were new late winter they read exactly the same.
I put the batteries in this week to use them and they are 1.1 degree different. One of the egg thermometers matches that incubator.

In my #2 Genesis, I have the incutherm temperature/hygrometer that I bought new this year. That incubator has a new replaced thermostat sent by the factory this winter.
The temperature of the incubator is reading .5 degree lower than the incutherm gauge.
The humidity in the incubator is 10% less than the incutherm gauge. THAT concerns me.

I had tested the incutherm gauge and 4 cheapo crappy accurite temp/hygrometer gauges using the salt method a few weeks ago. The incutherm gauge was perfect.
Maybe I better check it again.

They told me they test them and they are accurate! He also told me to do the down botton to change the temp.up! I said "are you sure"? He said yeah yeah I am 95% sure! I asked him that three times! Yeah I know it sounds strange but thats how its done.The only thing I know is he is 100% WRONG!!!! I sent for a spot check to check temp. and A hygrometer. Now I have a whole new problem! I have 6 pips.The first one pipped yesterday around 11:00 nothing has hatched! I took out my probe themometer.I thought It would be in the way! Now I think my temp maybe to low. so I tried dangling it through the air hole To get a reading.I am not sure how good of reading that would be but Its reading low! How low is too low? Maybe I am not cut out to for this!
hit.gif

They told me they test them and they are accurate! He also told me to do the down botton to change the temp.up! I said "are you sure"? He said yeah yeah I am 95% sure! I asked him that three times! Yeah I know it sounds strange but thats how its done.The only thing I know is he is 100% WRONG!!!! I sent for a spot check to check temp. and A hygrometer. Now I have a whole new problem! I have 6 pips.The first one pipped yesterday around 11:00 nothing has hatched! I took out my probe themometer.I thought It would be in the way! Now I think my temp maybe to low. so I tried dangling it through the air hole To get a reading.I am not sure how good of reading that would be but Its reading low! How low is too low? Maybe I am not cut out to for this! :hit

Chicks will hatch just fine at 98-99 degrees. By the time the chicks are ready to hatch they are generating their own heat.

You will drive yourself nuts trying to figure out thermometers and get consistent readings. If you take one thermometer and move it around six different places inside the 1588 you will probably get six different readings. I have found the the 1588 varies by a degree or so throughout the incubator especially if it is only partially full of eggs.

Chicks will hatch just fine at 98-99 degrees. By the time the chicks are ready to hatch they are generating their own heat.

You will drive yourself nuts trying to figure out thermometers and get consistent readings. If you take one thermometer and move it around six different places inside the 1588 you will probably get six different readings. I have found the the 1588 varies by a degree or so throughout the incubator especially if it is only partially full of eggs.

I think once I get the temp. accurite. I still worry about humidity! They say not to go over 65% in the hovabator It will effect the electronics.Maybe thats not high enough to hatch.The display on my hovabator is reading 62%. The turkey eggs do well up to hatch. I only culled one clear. My last hatch I had my humidity to high durring incubation.This time I lowerd my humidity till lockdown then raised it.My air cells looked pretty good.Time will tell if i get a good hatch.

I think once I get the temp. accurite. I still worry about humidity! They say not to go over 65% in the hovabator It will effect the electronics.Maybe thats not high enough to hatch.The display on my hovabator is reading 62%. The turkey eggs do well up to hatch. I only culled one clear. My last hatch I had my humidity to high durring incubation.This time I lowerd my humidity till lockdown then raised it.My air cells looked pretty good.Time will tell if i get a good hatch.

Well I have one so far! She is Royal Palm! Sorry for the bad picture.

You are right this is driving me crazy!
ya.gif

You are right this is driving me crazy!
ya.gif
I went crazy too. I would be calling the factory back again and ask to speak to a tech.Ask the question again. That is not how my Genesis works. If I tap the down button, the temperature drops.

I didnt know that about too high of a humidity could damage the electronics. Interesting.

I pumped the humidity to 75 and I kinda think it may have been a bit too high... or not necessary.

I bought some chicks from a man sunday who has 2 Genesis... and he cranks the humidity to 85 for hatching. Unreal.

Hey... I have a great story to share... talk about unbelievable... I need one more picture... and then I will share it... probably not on this particular board...but maybe...

Back
Top Bottom