How do ypu use the honey? And I have raw honey but it is grainy how do I do that? I don't want to hurt her
Get a saucepan of hot water place a plate or bowl over the pan, let it melt then when it's warm "not hot"place it inside her vent.
I make sure I rub it all around inside about an inch wit my littlefinger, use a latex glove if you can . Be prepared for gunk to come out then do it again.
I keep removing the poo and wash if it's messy but there will be more every time you go back to her.
I've fed mine yogurt to help her absorb her food, she started to eat today. Softening the food helps :)

You can read Agathas ordeal here and the food she has had
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...hickens-thread.1502267/page-508#post-25637640
Adding: The sugar in the honey will be good for her vent. Maybe just warm a little.

Last edited:
Update: she is doing much better. It was touch and go there for a second but thanks to everyone's advice she is much more active today and her poop is looking more normal. I'm going to continue to soak her because she still seems to struggle to get it put but there's no longer any swelling and she's eating and drinking on her own again.

Back
Top Bottom