Protruding vent?

Duckduckgoosie

Songster
May 27, 2021
Austin, Texas
1 1/2 week old Silkie chick. Corrected her splayed leg then on to persistent pasty butt. Cleaning 2x day for that. Trimmed away feathers but has this little buldge. What else to do?

Attachments

• 7ABA1159-6307-4D2D-95AB-A319CB75887D.jpeg
    7ABA1159-6307-4D2D-95AB-A319CB75887D.jpeg
    377.8 KB · Views: 14
Try some ACV in it's water ... 1T to a gallon of water, ACV should be the undiluted with the "mother". Use only plastic containers as vinegar & metal don't like each other. Check the temp in the brooder. If it's drinking alot of water, poop will be runny.

Not sure what you're meaning "protruding"... Looks ok to me but very messy. Clean it off (warm water soak IF the poop gets stuck/crudy), maybe it's my eyes but vent looks ok. It's possible it looks like it's protruding due to the "diarrhea".

Do you have other chicks that hatched/purchased/same age as this one?
What are you feeding?

She was given to me my a breeder who didn’t have time to help w splayed leg, kept separate till that healed but now she’s with 5 other (not related) chicks who are all thriving. On regular water and non-medicated chick starter but I’ve also been giving her Nutridrench.

Just an update, cleaning her bottom 2x day and doing hydrocortisone cream. She’s better, still needs a clean, but not as bad as last week. Also she’s more active. Eating & drinking & in difficult parts of the coop. Still very small.

Back
Top Bottom