Proud new mama to six little chicks

nova022

Songster
8 Years
Aug 3, 2012
Hello everyone. I have been reading the posts here while I waited for my new chicks and feel like this is just the kind of group I want to be a part of. I am quite new to raising chickens and have a lot of questions. I read the forums on brooding and building coops and runs and have that well under way. I just received my chicks yesterday. I decided I wanted a mixed flock to see which I liked best. I got a Silver Laced Wyandotte, a Partridge Plymouth Rock, a White Plymouth Rock, a Barred Plymouth Rock, a Buff Orpington and an Australorp. They are all so cute and already have their own personalities.

My husband has been very supportive and is helping me by building a beautiful coop which we named the "Red Hen Inn". He is about half finished with it and should have it ready by the end of the week. He combined ideas for the coop and the brooder with ideas from the various posts he read here, so thanks everyone for posting your coops and brooders.

We are hoping to have some healthy happy girls who reward us enjoyment and lots of yummy eggs.

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Back
Top Bottom