Proud of my Cub Scout

mom'sfolly

Crowing
12 Years
Feb 15, 2007
Austin area, Texas
My 7-year-old just won the annual bake-off at the Blue and Gold banquet. He, with my help, made a pie with a coconut macaroon crust and lemon curd filling. He called it "Sunshine Lemon Pie". It is the second year in a row he's come home with a trophy. He loves to bake, and has great ideas. Last year he did a dessert with coconut too.

I'm so proud of him!!!
yippiechickie.gif
smile.png
yippiechickie.gif

That's awesome!! Congrats to him.
My 6 year old Cub Scout came in second in our pack's Pinewood Derby yesterday. He'll be in the regionals next month.
cool.png

My son said last night as we went to the Blue and Gold that he wanted to win because he DID NOT win at the pinewood derby. My big one just crossed over into boyscouts, on his birthday!

Last edited:
I was a tiger leader and then cub master for years so much fun my son got into more science geek stuff LOL so now we do other things my daughter was a girl scout and then a venture scout that was great.

I am glad your boys are enjoying scouts it gives them such great values in life.

Oh how cool!
celebrate.gif
Please tell him Congratulations!! I bet he is so excited. A good friend of mine growing up became an Eagle Scout and I was so proud of him. He said scouts was some of his best memories growing up. It sounds like your son is making some great scout memories too!!!

Last edited:
We're getting as much out of it as we can. Our leader is rather disorganized but I know if I do TOO much to help out it will end up being me in charge and I'm not ready for that!
I'm passing the baking contest ideas on to her though. All boys should learn to cook!
My nephew is working on becoming an Eagle Scout right now. We don't get to see him more than twice a year, but he is someone that my little guy definitely looks up to.

Being a Eagle Scout, and coming all the way up from Tiger Cubs the memories are vast and dear to my heart. Glad to hear that a new generation is coming up strong.
Dont forgot about Order of the Arrow !

Back
Top Bottom