Prozac Thread..Or When will my chicks arrive thread. :)

Auntbeast

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 25, 2009
Rabun County, GA
Geesh, how many times can I check the heat lamp and make sure it is keeping the brooder at a balmy 95 degrees? How many different threads can I read about people who've gotten their chicks? How many times can I check the date to make sure it isn't really Friday yet? Will I sleep tonight? Can I fend my 3 year old off the brooder box with the words "wait baby, you have to wait for your chickens." How many more fake eggs can I put in there to convince her to keep waiting? How will I not yank her butt out of school to come home and play with me and the chickens?

How, how, how, how do you other first timers do it?

I WANT MY FLUFFIES! I want them all, and I want them NOW!

As I told my guy at the feed store, when he explained if I picked them up Saturday, that it would be his customer appreciation day and he'd have hotdogs...as I had my daughter by my side whining "chickens!" which comes out more kickin's, I calmly explained that I have hot dogs, what I need are chickens!

24 more hours. Keifer Sutherland has nothing on me.

I've been waiting for years to live somewhere that I can have chickens. I finally do and I placed an order that won't arrive until the first week of May.

I've gone totally chicken crazy in anticipation. I've got the days marked off on my calendar.

I have 41 more days to wait! 41! It's terrible!

I'm jealous of you that yours are coming so soon. Congratulations!

The feed store chicks here don't arrive till May 20th!! They have SLWs this year, I want 10!!! (I talked myself out of the geese this year). I've got nearly 42 guinea eggs waiting for the bator but I can't put them in till the weekend else they'll hatch while I'm on vacation.

DH gets to check on their temps and water while I'm gone.

I don't think prozac would help. A lot of xanax, maybe.
hmm.png

I just got my second batch from Ideal. It was horrible waiting and worrying for my first batch that i drove to Ideal yesterday. It was about 250 miles round trip but it made for a good road trip and my chicks were in the brooder by 4 pm. the day they were hatched. Amazing how much smaller they are even 12 hours earlier. All are doing great and the wife will post pics this evening. Good Luck on your orders and the wait is worth it.

As of a few hours ago, our wait is over. I placed the order over a month ago so I know about the wait;). Just keep re-hashing ideas for your coop design if its not already built. Thats what kept me occupied...-and surfing this site of course!

I feel your pain/excitement.
smile.png
Because of a family vacation to Florida (grumble, grumble, lol), our chicks won't arrive til mid April. I know that's not all that far away but it feels like forever! Ya think Xanax would help? But would my Dr understand why I need xanax because of chickens? Ha ha!

I bought our grit, chick feed, and bedding today. I have the lamp, thermometer, feed and water dispensers. I just need the chicks!!!
tongue.png

I have various aged chicks (BOs, EEs, Cochins and a couple Silkies) in 2 different brooders and I am still anxiously awaiting TSCs chick days and my order from Ideal lol!

I really really want those ones from Ideal to arrive safe n sound. We placed the order in Jan and its taking forever for April 22nd to get here!!! The waiting is horrible!

My Delawares arrive tomorrow. They are replacements for the ones my dogs killed. I have been on the forum everyday for 2 wks just readn' stuff about chicks and I actually think that it may have made me more anxious!LOL! I have never ordered chicks before and am so wound up about getting them from the PO and if they will be ok and stuff. Allways bought from the feed store before but when I read about Delawares being an endangered breed and how they are wonderfull dual purpose chickens and are sooo pretty, I just had to have some. Plan to raise chicks from them to. Thanks for suffering with me!

BTW, I oreder over a month ago from Privett.
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom