Public Fireworks

katie_3487

Chirping
Jun 13, 2022
So my neighborhood has community fireworks at the local town center. They are pretty loud and I’m concerned that my chickens will get scared. Also one my chickens is sick and on the mend. She needs her rest and needs no more stress than she already has. The fireworks are away from my home a little bit, but I’m still concerned.

So my neighborhood has community fireworks at the local town center. They are pretty loud and I’m concerned that my chickens will get scared. Also one my chickens is sick and on the mend. She needs her rest and needs no more stress than she already has. The fireworks are away from my home a little bit, but I’m still concerned.
Unfortunately there’s not much you can do except keep them secure in their coop. You could keep the sick one inside the house but if she’s with her friends she might be more comfortable. How old are your chickens?

Chickens are amazingly adaptable. Mine have, after the initial startle, calmly foraged while a commercial wood chipper was shredding large branches so close to their pen that I'd had to move the fence back to make room for the tree-trimmer's truck.

The fireworks won't start until after dark when they're settled down for the night so it will be less disturbing than a daytime even.

IMO, your sick one would be more distressed by being away from her flock than by a distant noise. :)

Back
Top Bottom