Puffy lump under ducks beak. Help

Pics
View attachment 1697762

One of our ducks has developed this soft puffy lump under their beak. Does anybody know what it is and what we can do?

We think they might be sick as their beak is very warm to the touch
I also have 2 ducks, they aren't duckings anymore. they are starting to develop their colors and get their feathers in. Today I noticed 2 small lumps on my brown and blue ducks beak. One lump is small, and is large. They are both soft and they both hurt to the touch. Did I do somthin wrong or did the duck hurt himself?

I just noticed a small bump on my 6 month old drake. It's on the underside soft area of his beak close to the white but in the orange area. It's soft and squishy, not hard at all.

Did you look under his tongue to see if something maybe stuck? can you see through the feather at his skin anything look different?does if feel warmer than surrounding skin?

Did you look under his tongue to see if something maybe stuck? can you see through the feather at his skin anything look different?does if feel warmer than surrounding skin?
Haha, yup, I looked while I was in there wrapping feet and sure enough it was a pea 🤦‍♀️. I came back on here to say nevermind all's well.

Awesome. Things can get stuck I remember some years back a goose had a piece of wood stuck under his tongue it actually worked its way through his skin and was sticking out under his bill. I know that had to be painful.
So glad you found the problem.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom