pulled her feathers out??

Brookiesflock

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 25, 2011
Ok so my little black silkie has been sitting on 3 eggs, she has 2 days till her hatch date. every other day I check and clean her nesting box, well I noticed two days ago that the underbelly feathers were missing and just thought it was from her sitting in one spot for along time, well today when I did my normal check all the feathers were gone, is that a normal? And her skin was very soft and smooth not in anyway injured, I'm guessing that is how she keeps them warm?? but i don't know

I am new to the broody thing too. Yes, I think that it is to keep them warm and I think for humidity as well. Someone with more experiance can tell you for sure.

thats what I thought too, Good now I wont worry and get excited to hatch date, Oh another question are they spot on there due date?

thanks so much I will just wait and keep my fingers crossed for all three to hatch
jumpy.gif

They are HATCHINGG!! one so far Im going to leave her be and let her take control, Is there anything I should do?( Besides the normal proper feed/water/heat) she is in a nesting box about 1 1/2 high is that ok or will the babys fall out?
wee.gif

They are HATCHINGG!! one so far Im going to leave her be and let her take control, Is there anything I should do?( Besides the normal proper feed/water/heat) she is in a nesting box about 1 1/2 high is that ok or will the babys fall out?
wee.gif

it should be ok. the babies could fall out, but just check every so often and make sure non are on the ground getting cold

Back
Top Bottom