Pullet eating and alert, not walking

ChickenChick34

In the Brooder
Jun 1, 2020
Los Gatos, CA
One of my 16 week old Barred Rock pullets is eating and drinking, but wobbles when she walks and won't engage with the rest of the flock. She was vaccinated. I think she may have a physical injury. I am keeping her apart from the rest of the flock. She eats readily. I am sort of loathe to take a chicken to the vet if she isn't spreading disease. She reacts, her eyes are clear, but she falls out of my hands when I try to put her on the ground. Thoughts?

TY!

She is eating well, and drinking. I think she may have cocci. I was able to get Corid at the feed store. I'm dosing the other pullets as well. Will it harm my older chickens to drink the medicated water?

Sadly I lost her on Sat. She seemed to be doing well, although would not stand. Greedily eating her mush and yogurt. Then Saturday morning she was splayed out in her crate, by 11 am she was gone. She was separated from everyone else for the past two weeks. I am still treating the rest of the chicks and hens, they are all seemingly very health, but I am being vigilant.

Sadly I lost her on Sat. She seemed to be doing well, although would not stand. Greedily eating her mush and yogurt. Then Saturday morning she was splayed out in her crate, by 11 am she was gone. She was separated from everyone else for the past two weeks. I am still treating the rest of the chicks and hens, they are all seemingly very health, but I am being vigilant.
I am so sorry about that. It's really hard to lose a hen, and I'm sure she will be missed. In a few weeks if they are all doing well, you should be out of the woods. My thoughts are with you, good luck.

Back
Top Bottom