Pullet got trapped...feels cold...exhaustion? Help!

TheNewMrsEvans

Songster
11 Years
Sep 15, 2008
Big Sur, CA
I found one of my banty girls trapped in between a board and the wall tonight. She is alive somehow. She feels cool to the touch so I brought her in next to the fire, and now on a heating pad. She is barely moving eyes shut and slumping over. I made sugar water, but she hasn't had the swallowing thing yet so i have to hold off...
Anything else I should be doing??? I feel like I should give her subQ fluids but I don't know how on a chicken...

thanks in advance

You're doing fine. When they get that cold they can't process food/water anyhow. Once you get her warmed up see if she'll drink and maybe try some scrambled egg for a quick boost.

Well she is eating and drinking. I have a warm heating pad under her. Very wobbly holding herself up with her wings, one foot she holds curled. I brought her sister in and put her in the cage with her. I'm hoping she will perk her up. Is there anything else I should do?

My Silkie hen and Roo got wedge between the wall and coop ( i didn't even think they could fit in there, its fixed now). It was raining and cold.

I brought them in and put them in a warm bath and started the heater. It took about 40-45 for them to come around. They are fine now.

Hope your baby gets better. Scramble her some eggs.

Back
Top Bottom