Pullet has a lump under her beek!

ginger497

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 25, 2010
I have found out that my pullet has Bumblefoot. But, she also has a lump under her beek and the others have been picking on her. Can someone help me?
58634_004.jpg

She looks like she has alot going on. I would think that is a tumor of some sort and she also looks like she has a respiratory ailment by the looks of her eye and nostril. Her comb is also odd. Seperate her and as long as she has the will I would treat her bumble foot and get her on some medication for her respiratory issue if she in deed having symptoms such as sneezing, eye or nasal discharge, rattling in her lungs, etc. The tumor may just keep growing unless it is secondary to a nasal/resp. infection and in that case it may subside with treatment..

Good luck!

just my thoughts...which could be wrong.....but....her combs is also affected for one. Could be abscesses? i wouldn't think antibiotics and isolation would be a bad idea. Or maybe avian pox?

Hows the rest of the flock? Hows her eating? How old? Egg production? Poo? ect ect? Any more info

could you post pics of her legs and feet? does she have sores all over?

def remove her from your flock and watch them all very closely!

you can get antibiotics from a vert or feed store (about 5 bucks from feed store)

if its just an abscess you may need to lance it....but like others have said shes got a lot going on there!

Last edited:
I had wondered if perhaps it was staph from the hen's bumblefoot that caused the lump under her beak.

Here is the link to the photo of this poor girl's feet.

i also wonder if instead of bumble foot if it could have been pox? head head looks like pox to me. heres some pics from google of the avain pox http://www.google.com/search?q=avian+pox&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1366&bih=643#um=1&hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=avian+pox+chicken&oq=avian+pox+chicken&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=593016l594467l0l594788l8l8l0l7l7l0l194l194l0.1l1l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.&fp=859c821c111ba686&biw=1366&bih=643

Poor
girl! It looks a lot alike. so which came first? If it was bumble foot THEN the lump and bad comb id say secondary infection, if it was at the same time id say prob pox?

Back
Top Bottom