Pullet holds her head up and swallows like she's drinking

Add wet pox the the list of fowl odors (pun intended), lol. Sense of smell is very subjective, so what smells like fish to one person might smell like Coryza or Canker to another, IMO.

-Kathy

Hmm.. Is it a gasping mouth opening or it a swallowing mouth opening, and is their tongue movement. I need to take pictures to show what I mean,it's hard to explain.

It's possible she is just yawning. Which I have observed my hens doing lately. I would have to capture a photo of them doing it to show you.
Also does it happen during the morning, afternoon?

I'm starting to think that it is something normal and not a ailment. Keep me updated..

-Malik

Hmm.. Is it a gasping mouth opening or it a swallowing mouth opening, and is their tongue movement. I need to take pictures to show what I mean,it's hard to explain.

It's possible she is just yawning. Which I have observed my hens doing lately. I would have to capture a photo of them doing it to show you.
Also does it happen during the morning, afternoon?

I'm starting to think that it is something normal and not a ailment. Keep me updated..

-Malik
If your birds are eating and drinking normally, acting like a chicken should, I wouldnt worry about it. Yawning is usually normal especially after eating/adjusting their crop as well and it can happen anytime. If there were respiratory issues, there would be other symptoms other than yawning.

Back
Top Bottom