Pullet keeps escaping!

Keep dreaming.

Very mature, wow... cats are amazing at repelling outside animals by killing them and their prey, so... and the only reason I say this is because we live by a road! The road helps too, I mean, even the people across from us have only had one predator, that didn’t even do anything! They have way more chickens than we do! (And they’ve had them longer, too.) so, think about where I live before you comment.

My Easter Egger, Leopard, keeps escaping! Every time I go to see the chickens, she and a few others, are out. Usually, my pullets just follow me back into the pen, but she runs wild! I can never catch her! Any tips on keeping her in as well as catching her?
(She’s the black one in the middle)
View attachment 1911569
Well, I'd ask if your tried clipping her wing feathers, but I am looking out the window at my ameraucana going through the last of my garden. Her wings are clipped, yet some how she manages a 4 foot fence, 9 others in the same pen don't. My stepdaughter likes to name the animals, so I named this one after my stepdaughter, hehehe. Won't listen and can be a pain in the bahutey. Not much help, but it is how I cope.

Well, I'd ask if your tried clipping her wing feathers, but I am looking out the window at my ameraucana going through the last of my garden. Her wings are clipped, yet some how she manages a 4 foot fence, 9 others in the same pen don't. My stepdaughter likes to name the animals, so I named this one after my stepdaughter, hehehe. Won't listen and can be a pain in the bahutey. Not much help, but it is how I cope.

I can’t bring myself to clip her wings... plus I want to show her in our local fair eventually...

Hello..Just keep in mind though that all it takes is one predator to discover your Birds and predators continue to come back till all are gone. Don't get defensive because no one was trying to be mean to you.
We all have had to deal with predators at some point in our bird keeping adventures..:frow

Well, yeah like yesterday... the possum didn’t descover them though, it was just nesting. (And, we may have killed it-)

Yes..See you can't say you don't have them. Just lucky they haven't gotten the birds yet..:frow
Hopefully you got him..:fl

Uhh, it’s still alive... it obvious it will stay away, being a whole field away atm... well, according to my dad, actually.

but also, the last time we had a pest was... last year? I hope it stays like that.

think about where I live
We don't know where you live :D

Here's how to add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, (laptop version shown), then it's always there!
upload_2019-9-21_9-26-57.png

Back
Top Bottom