Pullet laying every day - did I just get lucky? or will she stop?

I like the thought that maybe the other two were egging (again, so sorry) her on.

The other two are also obsessed with the RIR, though she doesn't appear to be the top girl in the traditional sense. They will all scoot around so she can be in the middle when roosting. The other two don't really care about each other, but I think there was some genuine anxiety about not being able to see/be around the RIR from both the OE and the BR. They adore her. Which is fair- she is lovely.

Well apparently I've gotten unlucky, actually. The OE this morning was in the box when I got up - stayed in there for about 30-40 minutes, no egg. Came out to the run, but has no energy, won't eat or drink, closing eyes, etc. We are trying an epsom salts bath and putting some savachick into her. She did manage to poop, but it was just clear and watery. Our assumption is a bound egg, but if you have any ideas - seems at this point like she might not make it. Going to let her dry off and hang out on her own in the garage. Thanks.

Pictures of the chicken, the poop and her egg yesterday; it had a gradient and had a little bit of calcium spots on it. And it was a little smaller than what she'd been doing 44g.

Attachments

• IMG_20200925_084904413_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200925_084904413_HDR.jpg
    575.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20200925_084851218.jpg
    IMG_20200925_084851218.jpg
    559.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20200924_111656826.jpg
    IMG_20200924_111656826.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 11
Pictures of the chicken, the poop and her egg yesterday; it had a gradient and had a little bit of calcium spots on it. And it was a little smaller than what she'd been doing 44g.
Have you examined her vent? If she is egg bound, go to the sick and injured forum and I'm sure you'll be offered suggestions. I'll be pulling for you both. I love my EEs, and mine are noisy layers as well.

Have you examined her vent? If she is egg bound, go to the sick and injured forum and I'm sure you'll be offered suggestions. I'll be pulling for you both. I love my EEs, and mine are noisy layers as well.

I've got a post up over there, too. I posted here first just since this thread was already active.

Thank you!

Unfortunately, we lost her today. Vet said it was like egg yolk peritonitis. Thanks for all your well wishes and support.

For serious, make sure you are getting enough calcium in these birds. It's not fun to lose one for something that seems like it could have been prevented.

Leaving up the thread so that others can learn from my experience, but I'm going to unfollow the post.

Back
Top Bottom