pullet not roosting with others.

Jun 9, 2021
Colorado
Hi everyone.
I have a pullet about five months old, who wont roost with the others. instead she lays on the ground and sleeps. I remember hearing once that It could mean that they are sick if they don't roost. I don't think she is sick certainly does not act like it. and I also once heard that golden comets in particular, will not roost but lay on the ground on colder nights. Tonight was pretty cold but I kinda doubt this is true. Info about her. 5 month golden comet. eats and drinks like normal and acts like a normal chicken. I am not worried, I am just wondering. Thanks!

I have Golden Comets and they all seem to roost, but before they started laying one or two would sleep in the nesting box. I also have 2 month old (buff orpington) chicks, sometimes they will roost, sometimes they will sleep on the ground. I've never worried about it. As long as they are acting normal I wouldn't be concerned.
Also she could be sleeping on the ground because there isn't enough room on the roosts or she is being pushed off them. Is she at the bottom of the pecking order?

I have Golden Comets and they all seem to roost, but before they started laying one or two would sleep in the nesting box. I also have 2 month old (buff orpington) chicks, sometimes they will roost, sometimes they will sleep on the ground. I've never worried about it. As long as they are acting normal I wouldn't be concerned.
Also she could be sleeping on the ground because there isn't enough room on the roosts or she is being pushed off them. Is she at the bottom of the pecking order?
She is closer to the top I would say.

Back
Top Bottom