Pullet not very active

Cherrymalibu65

Chirping
Nov 5, 2018
20181105_182816.jpg 20181105_124729.jpg 20181105_124727(0).jpg 20181105_070146.jpg Hello everyone!

Last night i bought a Wyndotte Silver Laced, i think she is about 8 weeks old.

Last night she was very calm and not very active. I would place her on the floor and she would squat would not walk. This morning I took her outside and placed her on the lawn and she would walk back to me. Also, she had pooped stuck on her back feathers and it was a little red. Her wings are a little dropped and her tail is as well. I went back today thinking she might be lonely and bought another one from the same place. There was not a huge difference in attitude the other one is a little perky but almost the same. They stay in the same spot, wherever I move them that's were they will stay. Is this very unusual should I take them back or give them another day or two?

thank you so much for your help in advance.
Im attaching pictures. The one Im more concerned with is the one in the back.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

Last night i bought a Wyndotte Silver Laced, i think she is about 8 weeks old.

Last night she was very calm and not very active. I would place her on the floor and she would squat would not walk. This morning I took her outside and placed her on the lawn and she would walk back to me. Also, she had pooped stuck on her back feathers and it was a little red. Her wings are a little dropped and her tail is as well. I went back today thinking she might be lonely and bought another one from the same place. There was not a huge difference in attitude the other one is a little perky but almost the same. They stay in the same spot, wherever I move them that's were they will stay. Is this very unusual should I take them back or give them another day or two?

thank you so much for your help in advance.
View attachment 1582677 View attachment 1582678 View attachment 1582689
Im attaching pictures. The one Im more concerned with is the one in the back.
That chicken is sick, I woud take it back immediately and be sure not to let it mingle anywhere near your flock.

That chicken is sick, I woud take it back immediately and be sure not to let it mingle anywhere near your flock.
Thank you so much for replying back to me!

Do you think I should take back both of them. When I bought them they were actually in the same coope.

Thank you so much for replying back to me!

Do you think I should take back both of them. When I bought them they were actually in the same coope.
Yes the other one could be sick and just not showing signs yet. Even if you dont get your money back you can tell them you dont have the expertise to care for sick chickens.

You could spend the time and baby them and bring the one back to good health. It might be better for the chicken in the long run, some people just cull sick chickens and move on..

Ive never been in the position of returning a chicken. Ive been sold some infertile males and bad stock before, but I remember who sold them and vow to never buy from them again and just count it as a loss.

Yes the other one could be sick and just not showing signs yet. Even if you dont get your money back you can tell them you dont have the expertise to care for sick chickens.

You could spend the time and baby them and bring the one back to good health. It might be better for the chicken in the long run, some people just cull sick chickens and move on..

Ive never been in the position of returning a chicken. Ive been sold some infertile males and bad stock before, but I remember who sold them and vow to never buy from them again and just count it as a loss.
Thank you so much for you help

Back
Top Bottom