Pullet or a Roo?

Jhefner

Chirping
Nov 23, 2021
Hi, I'm new to this group and thankful I ran across it. Have learned so much from you all. Can anyone help me determine what this chicken is? Hen is a Golden Comet, which I know is a sex linked. Roo was a Plymouth barred rock. So from what I've read it should be a roo because its white. It also has black specks throughout.
20211123_084915.jpg
20211123_084852.jpg

Male. Crossed breeds can hatch out most any color especially since the mother was a Sex-Link. I did some experimental breeding in the past and white was the dominant color. Good luck and have fun...

Here are a few pictures. As you can see most of the chicks from the Sex-Links are white both male and female. The ones that looks like a female Red Sex-Link are actually males.
IMG_3052.JPG
IMG_3053.JPG
IMG_3054.JPG
IMG_3055.JPG

Hi, I'm new to this group and thankful I ran across it. Have learned so much from you all. Can anyone help me determine what this chicken is? Hen is a Golden Comet, which I know is a sex linked. Roo was a Plymouth barred rock. So from what I've read it should be a roo because its white. It also has black specks throughout. View attachment 2906958View attachment 2906959
Age?

Male. Crossed breeds can hatch out most any color especially since the mother was a Sex-Link. I did some experimental breeding in the past and white was the dominant color. Good luck and have fun...

Here are a few pictures. As you can see most of the chicks from the Sex-Links are white both male and female. The ones that looks like a female Red Sex-Link are actually males.
View attachment 2907008View attachment 2907009View attachment 2907010View attachment 2907011
Oh my goodness! I would never guessed the little reds were male!

16 weeks old, no spur bumps at all yet, no attempts to crow. It has been pretty brutal in the flock, I guess because it was the only egg that hatched. They all hate it. Even it's mother now. But he has hung in there! I have never raised a chick, mine were all grown when I bought them. So this is real new to me.

16 weeks old, no spur bumps at all yet, no attempts to crow. It has been pretty brutal in the flock, I guess because it was the only egg that hatched. They all hate it. Even it's mother now. But he has hung in there! I have never raised a chick, mine were all grown when I bought them. So this is real new to me.
A male should have male saddles by now. If you want to be sure, some photos of the tail area should help.

Hi, I'm new to this group and thankful I ran across it. Have learned so much from you all. Can anyone help me determine what this chicken is? Hen is a Golden Comet, which I know is a sex linked. Roo was a Plymouth barred rock. So from what I've read it should be a roo because its white. It also has black specks throughout. View attachment 2906958View attachment 2906959
Pullet

Hen is a Golden Comet, which I know is a sex linked. Roo was a Plymouth barred rock. So from what I've read it should be a roo because its white.

I do not believe you would get sexlinks from this cross. Black sexlinks wouldn't work because the male is the barred one, and the dominant white would probably mess with that anyways. Also not a gold/silver sex link as again they are the wrong way around. Not a RSL either.

Back
Top Bottom