pullet or bantam egg ?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by backwoodsmamma, Aug 4, 2013.

1. backwoodsmamma

backwoodsmamma Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2013
    The first week of March I bought 10 sex links black and red, 4 barred cochin bantam 2 which ended up being roos, 2 black silkies, and 2 silver laced Wyandottes. A couple weeks later I got 2 white silkies a guinea fowl and 2 gold laced Wyandottes.

We have been getting an avg. Of 6 brown to almost peach colored eggs everyday. I assumed it was my sex links as I read they lay earlier than the others. Later I started watching them sneak in and out of the nest and it was all sex links. Kind of funny but now every morning between 9 and 10 the chickens stand in line to deposit their daily egg usually all in the same nest. Is like some one yelled roll call.
    My mom asked when they first started lasting if they were pullet eggs. Not sure of the difference I looked it up. My eggs are smaller than the jumbo eggs we bought from the store but not so small I would call them little either. And everyday we get at least one that is jumbo and always turns out to be a double yolker. Double yolkers are the golden egg to my children lol.
    Today the kids found this little egg. Much smaller than any of the others. Would you say this is a pullet egg like my mom had asked about our is one of my bantys laying?
    I thought bantams didn't lay until they were 9-12 months old. Or is that just the silkies? Maybe I have it all wrong altogether. Any guesses? the pic of the single egg is micro egg. Then a pic of the micro egg next to our usual eggs.[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    I would bet that is a sex link wind or fart egg with no or little yolk. I think all your banties should lay eggs that are lighter in color than that?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by