Pullet or cockerel

They look like Production Reds.

The first bird has a bit of precocious comb, but really no color, and at 10 weeks, she could simply be maturing faster as production birds are known to do...but watch the top one. If the comb gets red and large by 12 weeks, it may be a rooster.

LofMc
Are you replying to the pics in the start Of the thread or the ones I posted half way down? Thanks!

Are you replying to the pics in the start Of the thread or the ones I posted half way down? Thanks!
I was replying to the original poster.

To the second poster, you should create your own thread from the forum main page rather than add questions on different birds in the middle of another's post...it gets too confusing that way.

In answer to your question...age makes a big difference...you got them 5.5 weeks ago, but what are they now best guess? How old were they when you got them?

Go to the Gender forum and post a new thread with your pics with age info.

If they are around 16 weeks of age (my guess), I think you have pullets, but if 12 weeks, you might have a cockerel or two.

LofMc

Last edited:
Nugget has a red face and is flighty. I was worried it might be a cockerel. Still trying to figure out what breed and why they’re so much bigger than the RIR that are the same age give or take a day.

My reply was to the OP (original poster) ...

I was replying to the original poster.
To the second poster, you should create your own thread from the forum main page rather than add questions on different birds in the middle of another's post...it gets too confusing that way.
In answer to your question...age makes a big difference...you got them 5.5 weeks ago, but what are they now best guess? How old were they when you got them?
Go to the Gender forum and post a new thread with your pics with age info.
If they are around 16 weeks of age (my guess), I think you have pullets, but if 12 weeks, you might have a cockerel or two.
LofMc

2x It gets very confusing when someone adds to the OPs post, regardless if the question/issue is similar, all should post their own thread to save the confusion.

Back
Top Bottom