Pullet or Cockerel?

Pullet or Cockerel

• Total voters
Hmm it seems this may not be the case. I can't find anything anywhere that states they do or don't vaccinate their chicks. I know Hoover, one of their main suppliers, does it upon request but not by default. Maybe it's different for the ones they send to TSC though.
I've never seen it posted either at their store. The one time I bought chicks at TSC, they were bantams, and 2 out of 5 survivors we culled for suspected Mareks. I haven't bought from them since except for some pheasant.

I can't speak for 100% of stores, but TSC here the fact they're vaccinated is about ALL they can tell you about them.
No idea if they had a scare or what but they're adamant about the vaccine being present. :caf
So you are saying TSC chicks are always vaccinated for Mareks?

Yes those are silver laced Wyandottes. Can you post a picture of the cockerel too? :)
Absolutely! Here he is!
007E0242-FB68-4D01-823B-F8F550A5B050.jpeg

Aww, he's a cutie :love Are you gonna keep him?

He’s adorable but that’s not a Wyandotte comb. The bottom picture in your first post seems to show a developing rose comb, though. I wouldn’t be sure that one is a cockerel. My Wyandotte pullets looked very much like males when they were young. I’ve heard you can sex them by males having wing bars and females not.

He’s adorable but that’s not a Wyandotte comb. The bottom picture in your first post seems to show a developing rose comb, though. I wouldn’t be sure that one is a cockerel. My Wyandotte pullets looked very much like males when they were young. I’ve heard you can sex them by males having wing bars and females not.
Correct. He looks to be a black sex link cockerel potentially which is what the other two were also incorrectly sold as.

Back
Top Bottom