Pullet OR cockerel?!?

I reckon there is only the one rooster out of the three. The second chick's comb is a bit questionable but I think it's just because it has so much more yellow and white on its face.

They’re too young to accurately sex. In my opinion, any guesses are just guesses. JG are supposed to be slow maturers. I’d say the minimum for sexing is 6 weeks, 8+ is ideal. Sex will become more apparent as they age, if any are cockerels, they’ll soon start reddening up but they may not, some are slow developers. This is just my opinion, as I personally wouldn’t guess their sex at this age unless they already had a huge bright red comb.

They’re too young to accurately sex. In my opinion, any guesses are just guesses. JG are supposed to be slow maturers. I’d say the minimum for sexing is 6 weeks, 8+ is ideal. Sex will become more apparent as they age, if any are cockerels, they’ll soon start reddening up but they may not, some are slow developers. This is just my opinion, as I personally wouldn’t guess their sex at this age unless they already had a huge bright red comb.
Yes, but it's so fun staring at their combs for 15 minutes straight morning and night comparing them all and looking for any difference...

So an update to the 2 JG possible cockerels. The one on the right seems to be showing more promise. Comb is starting to pink up and the left is still yellowish. First picture is both.
6AA0C921-EA96-445D-BFFD-375C324DCB5F.jpeg

right one
7F0C60B6-9047-4356-8215-DB2F2D15AFCD.jpeg

Left one
553776B8-5237-4E21-81B0-DDC4318EE4CE.jpeg

What do y’all think. They are 3 weeks 1 day as of this post

Definitely looks like a boy and girl to me! Did you wind up with anymore cocks out of your other chicks? Apart from the JG above and the other black one that was up front in your original pic?

Definitely looks like a boy and girl to me! Did you wind up with anymore cocks out of your other chicks? Apart from the JG above and the other black one that was up front in your original pic?
Not that I can tell yet. They are only 3 weeks lol. It I have a calico princess that has some little nubs coming out of both legs where those extra claw things for a roo would be but only time will tell. I’ll keep posting updates weekly to see what the JGs and the black one turns into :)

Not that I can tell yet. They are only 3 weeks lol. It I have a calico princess that has some little nubs coming out of both legs where those extra claw things for a roo would be but only time will tell. I’ll keep posting updates weekly to see what the JGs and the black one turns into :)

All chickens, males and females have spur buds. Some hens even grow spurs. I have a hen with spurs.

Back
Top Bottom