Pullet or cockerel?

You can’t comb and wattle sex leghorns so if that black one is also a leghorn or has leghorn genetics, then it could be a pullet too... leghorns have notoriously red and huge combs and wattles (even the ladies). They could both be pullets if they’re leghorns... I’m not seeing hackle and cackle differences that jump out at me. Stature wise they seem like girls to me but idk
I'm not judging just by the comb, you can tell by the look of the face.

I should add that both are definitely cockerels as
I'm not judging just by the comb, you can tell by the look of the face.
Well in a couple weeks one or both will let ya know with a crow lol. But I still vote pullets based on the feathering. Those tail feathers are erect and squared and both saddles seem short and squared as well. Obviously it’s hard to know especially with mixes, but I say girls lol but if I had to say one looks more male than the other would say the white one might be stag, but nothing jumps out at me 🤷🏻‍♀️

Yes, they're mixed. My friend's flock was abandoned by her neighbor. They moved and left their chickens behind. So she doesn't know for sure if they were pure or mixed. She also has a couple roosters, so she just told me the chicks were Leghorn, Barred Rock, and Easter Egger. That's her best guess based off of her "adopted" flock. I'm not sure of exact mix though.

Both are cockerels. The one looks like a White Rock, but if it came from a mixed flock it is most likely mixed. The black bird may have EE in him, but I would also just consider him a barnyard mix.

Back
Top Bottom