Pullet or Cockerel?!

JNC

Songster
May 5, 2020
Kendallville Indiana, US
I know I already asked like 383727 times but her comb has grown some and she’s staring to get feathers on her neck that look like hackle feathers?
6B82741E-6D80-434B-85C5-2DCD2172BFA9.jpeg
A64EB484-B4B3-49D8-A13D-22D8090D977D.jpeg

Ideas on the breed will be helpful too! She/he is about 3months old

Yay! We are in the city limit so we can’t have roosters. We found her in a trail when she was Just a chick and she was hiding in a bush and her head was tucked. So if she happens to lay do you think it safe for me to eat her eggs?

Yay! We are in the city limit so we can’t have roosters. We found her in a trail when she was Just a chick and she was hiding in a bush and her head was tucked. So if she happens to lay do you think it safe for me to eat her eggs?
Oh yes, I think it would be fine. How old is she? Have you wormed her at all?

She is 3 months. She seemed really healthy from the day I got her so I haven’t thought about worming her or anything. Is it necessary?
Where you found her and as old as she is, she could have easily picked up/ingested some parasites. It would probably be a good idea to de-worm her, and your other chickens, if you have any more.

She is 3 months. She seemed really healthy from the day I got her so I haven’t thought about worming her or anything. Is it necessary?
I do not worm birds that young unless I notice an issue. I start worming, typically, when the bird is 1 year old. It depends on the circumstance. And yes, you could eat her eggs, although when she first starts laying, she may have a few egg laying glitches, which are 90-99% of the time perfectly normal!

I do not worm birds that young unless I notice an issue. I start worming, typically, when the bird is 1 year old. It depends on the circumstance. And yes, you could eat her eggs, although when she first starts laying, she may have a few egg laying glitches, which are 90-99% of the time perfectly normal!
What wormer do you use?

Back
Top Bottom