Pullet or cockerel?

I was on the Facebook page for BYC playing the guess who is what game and now I’m concerned- is Muffin a pullet or a cockerel? I’ve always been positive she was a pullet but now I’m doubting it. She doesn’t even bother fluffing up at my roosters or being dominant over her peers- she’s a barnyard mix, dad was a Barred barnyard mom was a tan Easter egger looking barnyard.
Any guesses? Her mom does have a very pointy long tail so I think that’s from her. She’s about four months old.

Oh and the last two (black fluff cheeks) I got mixed answers for, I’ve always thought pullet for her as well, no signs of a rooster, but just making sure. Her mom is an Amerucana lavender Orpington mix (only the Amerucana shows) and her dad is the Barred barnyard (he was Barred with brown mixed into his feathers)
I think muffin is a cockerel. I do have a pulley with iridescent feathers... but that tail looks more sickle shape to me.

I think muffin is a cockerel. I do have a pulley with iridescent feathers... but that tail looks more sickle shape to me.
He did end up a cockerel- everyone from that batch but my recessive lavender hen turned out roosters and my recessive lavender hen ended up having bad health and passing 😅 so 5/6 were roosters including muffin, I got him to a good home though!

Back
Top Bottom