pullet or cockerel??

lizzychick

Songster
8 Years
Aug 11, 2014
Chicago Suburbs
Help please identifying hen or roo.....
5-6 week old ameraucana-Iowa blue cross. I really really am hoping for green eggs one day soon.

Oh great!! That would be the best if it's a she! Do you know if a first generation cross is still called by its two parents breeds or do they just go by Easter egger?

Yes shes a pullet but don't expect eggs soon, they normally lay around 20-25 weeks sometimes later, all chickens are different though.

Same bird, Just a few days later, I posted this picture on another thread, still pullet, or roo because of the comb???

She's beautiful! :) if there's only one row of peas on her comb, its a pullet...looks pullet, a cockerel would have some color starting in hackles/saddle area. Very sure you do have a pullet :)

Last edited:
She's beautiful! :) if there's only one row of peas on her comb, its a pullet...looks pullet, a cockerel would have some color starting in hackles/saddle area. Very sure you do have a pullet :)

Thank you! The pink comb was worrying me. Since all my chicks are different breeds, I don't have a clear reference to compare. If we were allowed roosters, I wouldn't mind, but since we are not I'm really hoping for a girl!
1f413.png

Back
Top Bottom