Pullet or Cockerels? 4 Plymouth Barred Rocks at 5 weeks

Kagen

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 1, 2012
I'm new to chickens.
I have 4 supposedly sexed by Mount Healthy Hatchery BRs amongst others. Took photos today and exactly 5 weeks old. On Tuesday I split the 12 young "pullets" I've been raising with my brother and while he can have roos I cannot as I live in a city. I want to know if any of these BRs has cockerel characteristics, and basically which two should I keep. Thanks for help!!!

BR#1 and BR#4 are bigger, whiter and feathers developed quicker than BR#2 and BR#3. BR#4 fights being held but is most curious.

Less black splash on front of BR#2 legs, more on BR#1.

• BR#1 full body (head BR#2)

BR#1

BR#1

• BR#2 (w/ BR#1 in background)

BR#2

BR#2

• BR#3 (w/ BR#4 in background)

BR#3

BR#3 (BR#4 background)

• BR#4 (W/ BR#3 background down low)

BR#4

BR#4

BR#4 (w/ BR#3 in background)

BR#4 (w#3 cutoff in foreground)

BR#4

Thanks and hopefully I figure this out by Tuesday, hate to end up with a cockerel both for losing the eggs and having to have it leave a join a flock on its own at a later date.

So far, to me they all look like girls.
smile.png

I like that everyone is in consensus and really like that the consensus is they are girls won't have to be sent to the country.
thanks everyone.

Kept BR#1 and BR#4 as part of our backyard flock of 8 pullets. BR#2 and BR#3, along with 5 others went up to my brothers farm today. Once they lay an egg or crow I'll update with a photo and how it turned out.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom