Pullet or Roo?? And is it a Sliver Laced Wyandotte??

kristiann93

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 30, 2012
North Dakota

I ORDERED ALL PULLETS BUT THIS ALMOST 6 WEEK OLD CHICK IS MAKING ME QUESTION IF IT'S A PULLET OR A ROO? IT SHOULD BE A SLW...DOES SHE/HE LOOK LIKE A SLW?

It looks to be a roo. I think it looks like a SLW. The real colors should start coming in within the next month or so. Pretty bird:)

That's what I was afraid of!! :( I don't want a Roo but I have become attached to all of them in the short 6 weeks I've had them. Hmmmmm...what will I do......with a Roo??!! :)

My SLW are 4 weeks old and look just like this. A couple of mine have more prominent white in them also. However I thought they have rose combs and not single combs. Idk.

I have 4 SLW's and they all look to have single combs. I have another one whose comb is a little larger but not as dark orange as this one and her wattle isn't as noticeable (I will post a pic). I'm confused!! I love all my chicks but my favs are the Wyandottes and I hope they all end up to be girls!!

The one to the right is the other SLW I was referring to and the one to the left I just love...her coloring is already so pretty and she is the tiniest of the whole bunch.

Back
Top Bottom