Pullet or roo - Wyandotte Boogaloo!

Alright, here we go. 10 week pics. The Golden Wyandotte we thought was a pullet and it looks like she's still a pullet to me. Agree? The other one, I'm still not sure on!

Also, could anyone please tell me why people keep calling it a splash? It was sold as a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte. (I don't mind, I think it's very pretty and it's a nice bird, no matter what it is.)

20210908_184143.jpg
20210908_184313.jpg
20210908_184341.jpg

Alright, here we go. 10 week pics. The Golden Wyandotte we thought was a pullet and it looks like she's still a pullet to me. Agree? The other one, I'm still not sure on!

Also, could anyone please tell me why people keep calling it a splash? It was sold as a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte. (I don't mind, I think it's very pretty and it's a nice bird, no matter what it is.)

View attachment 2827236View attachment 2827237View attachment 2827238
So…Blue and Splash are very similar.
Basically, when you breed two blue birds, 50% of the offspring are blue, 25% are black, and 25% are splash. Splash is lighter, more whitish, and has darker flecks mixed in.
So the same goes for laced birds: blue laced x blue laced =
50% blue laced
25% black laced
25% splash laced.

So…Blue and Splash are very similar.
Basically, when you breed two blue birds, 50% of the offspring are blue, 25% are black, and 25% are splash. Splash is lighter, more whitish, and has darker flecks mixed in.
So the same goes for laced birds: blue laced x blue laced =
50% blue laced
25% black laced
25% splash laced.
I think I asked the wrong question.

I know why my white one is a splash Blue Andalusian by looking at her. How can I tell by looking at this BLRW it's a splash?

Back
Top Bottom