Pullet or Roo

The first one looks like a possible roo with the red showing up in its comb and wattles already, unless they are a lot older than they look, the second like a possible girl.

Here are a couple more pictures. I realized the photos were a couple weeks old. I think the first one is a Roo like you all suggested. He seems to have a little more pink/reddish color coming in and he seems to have al ittle under his beak too! :( Was hoping for all pullets. The second one I think is a pullet.

Roo??

Pullet??

Thanks for your help! How long before I will know FOR SURE!

Here are a couple more pictures. I realized the photos were a couple weeks old. I think the first one is a Roo like you all suggested. He seems to have a little more pink/reddish color coming in and he seems to have al ittle under his beak too! :( Was hoping for all pullets. The second one I think is a pullet.
Definitely a cockerel.

Roo??
Could be a pullet, but looks more like a slower-developing cockerel.

Pullet??

Thanks for your help! How long before I will know FOR SURE!
You will know for sure once they begin to crow (the time varies for individual birds, but most begin crowing at 8-14 weeks), or get their adult plumage. A rooster will have shinier, pointed hackle and saddle (back) feathers, while a hen will be duller in color and have rounded feathers.

Back
Top Bottom