Pullet or Rooster

Thechicksdigme

Songster
Aug 11, 2020
New Jersey
Do these tail feathers look like a rooster?
received_325513128716231.jpeg

How old?

The comb, wattles, posture, long legs, and curving tail feathers say it could be a boy though some girls tail feathers could possibly curve. Those tail feathers are a clue, not yet definitive.

The saddle and hackle feathers do not appear to be that pointed but age has something to do with that. The legs look kind of skinny for a boy. The comb and wattles don't look that dark red but I'm seeing some color in the wattles especially.

I'd give the odds of it being a boy maybe 90%, a girl 10%, but if it is older than I think those odds could change.

How old?

The comb, wattles, posture, long legs, and curving tail feathers say it could be a boy though some girls tail feathers could possibly curve. Those tail feathers are a clue, not yet definitive.

The saddle and hackle feathers do not appear to be that pointed but age has something to do with that. The legs look kind of skinny for a boy. The comb and wattles don't look that dark red but I'm seeing some color in the wattles especially.

I'd give the odds of it being a boy maybe 90%, a girl 10%, but if it is older than I think those odds could change.
11 weeks

Back
Top Bottom