Pullet soon going to be a 'Spank It' !

I'm sure that wasn't so funny at the time, and I'm sorry you hurt your back, but that story is hilarious!

Sorry you're having trouble with this chicken. Good luck figuring out behavior modifications for her.

snip-cluck
I should get a herd of these things and bring them to schools and 4H clubs, to interact with the kids. The moment you bend down, kneel,sit, or otherwise create a chair.. you got company.

Attachments

• Lappy C.jpg
    Lappy C.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 4
I have no idea Sally. She's well, wierd now. She is afraid of all the others it seems, and acts stupid, they all ignore her and she's being stupid and whining and running around being stupid until she gets nipped, then she whines and hauls butt into the other partof the cage and whines. She stands like 2 feet from me, looks at me and whines, if I reach for her, she jumps back now, instead of constantly jumping up ON me wanting attention. Trying to figure out what caused THIS change. THe rest of the girls, fluffy is just a pest, no other way to put it, midnight pretty much ignores me unless I have treats, shadow is just skittish, then this one who wants to act like shadow now instead of friendly.... whatever, you just better lay some darned good eggs or you are going into a pot. It's like they want to be afraid of you until you grab them, then it's ok, you can pet, scritch, whatever. im afraid of you but ill come up and eat snacks out of your hand.... whatever... ive dumped women for less stupider behavior than this, you are about to get dumped... into a stewpot.

and whats worse, that cheep cheep cheep sound she makes all day, she doesn't cluck yet like a regular chicken its more a cheeping sound... well now the damned cockatoo does it too :evil:

Aaron

I have no idea Sally. She's well, wierd now. She is afraid of all the others it seems, and acts stupid, they all ignore her and she's being stupid and whining and running around being stupid until she gets nipped, then she whines and hauls butt into the other partof the cage and whines. She stands like 2 feet from me, looks at me and whines, if I reach for her, she jumps back now, instead of constantly jumping up ON me wanting attention. Trying to figure out what caused THIS change. THe rest of the girls, fluffy is just a pest, no other way to put it, midnight pretty much ignores me unless I have treats, shadow is just skittish, then this one who wants to act like shadow now instead of friendly.... whatever, you just better lay some darned good eggs or you are going into a pot. It's like they want to be afraid of you until you grab them, then it's ok, you can pet, scritch, whatever. im afraid of you but ill come up and eat snacks out of your hand.... whatever... ive dumped women for less stupider behavior than this, you are about to get dumped... into a stewpot.

and whats worse, that cheep cheep cheep sound she makes all day, she doesn't cluck yet like a regular chicken its more a cheeping sound... well now the damned cockatoo does it too :evil:

Aaron
You have a very weird chicken! Mine went through that phase too. Love to perch on me until suddenly I'm a predator for no discernable reason. They settled down about a month or so into laying, so I'd say there's hope. Feeding them food or handfeeding treats seemed to help greatly with them deciding I was ok to be around again, but yeah, they were crazy for a while. The cheeping will eventually stop as they mature. They're adolescent teenagers right now, just give them a few months to settle out. The eggs will totally be worth it!

So sorry about the cockatoo!!! I don't even know what to tell you there! Feeling your pain...

Oh the Cockatoo is easy to deal with. One evil eye and threat of the meat grinder and he'll snap out of it ! :D To be totally honest, even if she decides to stay acting retarded her whole life, as long as she's healthy and KNOWS to run and hide from hawks, then Im good with whatever she does.... as long as the eggs end up in the LAYING BOX< and not playing peek a boo over the entire yard, because THAT will end up with her being caged until she learns otherwise !

Today I went to feed them, I was a bit late, and it rained a bit, and she had hopped up on the table and is sitting there, WAITING for me to pop the lid on the food can,... along (meaning right next to) Captain Fluffy. The moment I pop the lid they know the snack food bag is in there and fluffy will hop IN the can trying to get the snack bag. I thought, well I'll close the lid on that B$#^, show her about hopping in the food can...nope, didn't do a thing, except give her a private dining table ! Stupid chicken. Well fine ok ok. Stupid Human.

Aaron

Oh the Cockatoo is easy to deal with. One evil eye and threat of the meat grinder and he'll snap out of it ! :D To be totally honest, even if she decides to stay acting retarded her whole life, as long as she's healthy and KNOWS to run and hide from hawks, then Im good with whatever she does.... as long as the eggs end up in the LAYING BOX< and not playing peek a boo over the entire yard, because THAT will end up with her being caged until she learns otherwise !

Today I went to feed them, I was a bit late, and it rained a bit, and she had hopped up on the table and is sitting there, WAITING for me to pop the lid on the food can,... along (meaning right next to) Captain Fluffy. The moment I pop the lid they know the snack food bag is in there and fluffy will hop IN the can trying to get the snack bag. I thought, well I'll close the lid on that B$#^, show her about hopping in the food can...nope, didn't do a thing, except give her a private dining table ! Stupid chicken. Well fine ok ok. Stupid Human.

Aaron
Hahahaha! Totally had her own private dining experience! Crazy chickens!!!

Speaking of chickens eating in weird places, one of our buff orpingtons got out (~6month old) of the covered run, and started running about the yard while my son was trying to catch her. She got over towards the other end of the run and smelled this yummy smell, and now the first (and only, so far) thing we've caught in the fox trap has been a buff orpington chicken. She found the steak scraps my son had just baited the trap with, and walked right in. Being trapped didn't phase her at all! So we go to get her out, and she fights us to stay in there, and then she changes her mind and tries to take off across the yard again! Stupid chicken! We foiled her efforts and threw her back in the run, and all was well, but really? Just walk right into the fox trap! Of course it happened in the morning when we were trying to catch the bus to school, and I had to go to work, and I totally forgot to take a picture and am kicking myself about it now, cause that would've been one crazy picture!

Back
Top Bottom