Pullet with droopy wing?!? Is it broken?!? If so what do i do? ** PICS INCLUDED**

nlbeardmore

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 27, 2011
England
Please help me find out what is wrong with this pullet. She is a fresian fowl and about 18 weeks old. She is normally a very flighty bird but the past 3 days her wings have slowly been becoming more and more droopy and low. One side is worse than the other. Today she was acting a little bit too quiet for me so i brought her inside on her own. She is eating well and her crop is full, also keeping up with the others. She has had a running nose and sneezing for a few weeks, as have some of the other pullets she is brought up with. I watched her try to fly up on the perch, she got up there ok but u can see her wing is weak and she struggled but normally she can fly a good few feet! Checked her over for any signs of damage but nothing?
I have put life guard in her water for the night, we dont have any antibiotics at hand.
Can anyone can suggest what they think is wrong or what i can do?

Anyone? I have searched all over the internet at what it could be but things just dont add up, her wing is now dragging on the floor but other than that she is fine, apart from her sneezing. She can still run around as she used to?! What can i do to help her get better? and should i keep her away from the others as she is very scared on her own?

Thanks for your reply! i have put life guard in her water to boost her up a bit, will this help with a respiratory infection? There is no way i would be able to get antibiotics from a vet for her :(. Should i consider taping her wing up?

Here are some pictures of her i have just taken, unfortunately the one of her showing both sides is a bit dark but you can see the difference!

How will i know if her wing is broken?

Someone must have dealt with something like this before? Should i put her back outside with the others? Please help!

Back
Top Bottom