Pullet with loose/diarrhea stool.

Coop in daCouve

Chirping
7 Years
May 23, 2012
Hello,

I have a couple of pullets, that have diarrhea. It is not bloody, just runny brown poo and sometimes it is clear. They are all (I have 5 total) acting normal. They eat and drink well and we are keeping their brooding box clean, along with their water and food. They have had this for about 2 weeks. Don't know if this is helpful, but I have 2 Plymouth Rock, 2 Buff Orpingtons, and a Golden Sexlink. It is the Sexlink and 1 or both of the PRs that are having the issue.

Please help with ideas on what it could be and how to help them.

Thanks,

Clint

I agree with mskaladog...the poop chart is awesome!

Dont know where you live or if heat is a factor for you, but I found the daytime heat and humidity made a big change in the poop from my pullets due to how much more water they drank. We got up to 94 a couple of weeks ago and it has been quite hot and humid, but not that hot.

Also, I read that following one day of heat stress their digestion is affected for 3 days.

Good luck! Hope to see you post that all is well! :)

So where is the best place to find de-wormer? Would you go to the local feed store or is it something you would have to go to the vet for? Also, how is it administered? Sorry about all the questions, but like I said, I am a newbie.
wink.png

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom