Pullet with poopy butt and....

MarkJr

Free Ranging
Jun 15, 2020
Her fluffy butt feathers are a mess. Abdomen is slightly squishy (fluid build up maybe?) Sets off to the side and doesn’t get up even for treats.

No lice/mites
Crop is empty in the morning
No unusual poops under roost, but two soft eggs from roost last few days from under her.

Where do I start looking now?

Also add she does come off roost and outside with everyone first thing in the morning. She eats scratch, bellies up to the crumble pile, then goes off to the side and sets.

CD5B0D32-0822-4E6F-9DD8-C1D4884E0612.jpeg
B3C3C498-3015-4EC5-A2E4-AE71E237295A.jpeg
B8A0E28D-2B16-435A-B80C-EC9BEDFDDED8.jpeg
07610EA0-A62D-4D18-844E-49B557557D52.jpeg

Right back to where she started after I rudely rousted her for pictures.

Literally the only outward thing that’s ‘wrong’ with her is the poopy feathers, and she’s lethargic.

I have a chicken that this happens to. She just has more fluff on her butt than her sisters do. I clean her about once a week or so. I'm not sure about the lethargy though.

I cleaned her up. Gave her a trim.
She’s been lethargic for about a week. Beats everyone into coop by an hour or more. Lays around most of the day. Doesn’t come for scratch. She did eat about a tablespoon of scratch after I finished ruffling her feathers, and immediately went back into the coop.

I cleaned her up. Gave her a trim.
She’s been lethargic for about a week. Beats everyone into coop by an hour or more. Lays around most of the day. Doesn’t come for scratch. She did eat about a tablespoon of scratch after I finished ruffling her feathers, and immediately went back into the coop.
Is she possibly going broody?

Back
Top Bottom