Pullet with swelling and droopy eye lid

Kasscbaby

Chirping
Jul 21, 2021
This is flidget. At 145 pm her eye seemed normal. At 430 pm this is what she looked like. She also has a rock hard crop (posted in another thread)
What can I do to help?
could it be a bug bite?
Thank you
Swelling is shown on the right side of photos

Attachments

• 0CCC79C7-7B2D-42AB-8281-D70905DBCFF4.jpeg
    0CCC79C7-7B2D-42AB-8281-D70905DBCFF4.jpeg
    278.4 KB · Views: 31
  • D9CC4A67-C7FF-4A53-BF23-781EDF66EE58.jpeg
    D9CC4A67-C7FF-4A53-BF23-781EDF66EE58.jpeg
    241.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 9B9215CE-5027-4154-BA9C-6DEEF746F961.jpeg
    9B9215CE-5027-4154-BA9C-6DEEF746F961.jpeg
    220.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 7DA6DD66-29F0-414C-815D-8294783EED98.jpeg
    7DA6DD66-29F0-414C-815D-8294783EED98.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 2
  • DA723F1E-8811-4C2D-A906-13FD86186F45.jpeg
    DA723F1E-8811-4C2D-A906-13FD86186F45.jpeg
    302.1 KB · Views: 2
Hi, there! Sorry you had to wait so long for a reply. How is she foing today?

I'm not seeing serious swelling in these pics. It could be an injury. If it is, it's probably well on it's way to being healed by now.

Her crop is more concerning. Is it still firm? And is it empty in the morning? That's the best way I know of to check for crop issues.

Hi, there! Sorry you had to wait so long for a reply. How is she foing today?

I'm not seeing serious swelling in these pics. It could be an injury. If it is, it's probably well on it's way to being healed by now.

Her crop is more concerning. Is it still firm? And is it empty in the morning? That's the best way I know of to check for crop issues.
She seems to be okay now. I took her to the lady who owns my little local feed store and she mentioned a respiratory infection. Been treating everyone with durastat. The swelling lasted 3 days before I took her in.
Her crop did empty. I started taking food away at night to be sure. Only one morning she woke up with a little bit left in there but has had no issues since.
Thank you so much for asking.

She seems to be okay now. I took her to the lady who owns my little local feed store and she mentioned a respiratory infection. Been treating everyone with durastat. The swelling lasted 3 days before I took her in.
Her crop did empty. I started taking food away at night to be sure. Only one morning she woke up with a little bit left in there but has had no issues since.
Thank you so much for asking.
Good catch, then, if it was a respiratory infection!

I'm glad she's doing well. Is she a Barred Rock? I LOVE mine. Best all around chicken in my mixed flock. And she's top hen!

Good catch, then, if it was a respiratory infection!

I'm glad she's doing well. Is she a Barred Rock? I LOVE mine. Best all around chicken in my mixed flock. And she's top hen!
She is a Dominique. I do have one barred rock. Funny thing is I got all of them from the barred rock bin. 1 out of six was really BR. I don’t even think the people at tsc even knew they had Dominique’s. My BR wants to be top hen but the one photographed here is top as of now. She’s the biggest. Almost double the size of everyone else. And also the sweetest thing ever. My BR took longer to come around

She is a Dominique. I do have one barred rock. Funny thing is I got all of them from the barred rock bin. 1 out of six was really BR. I don’t even think the people at tsc even knew they had Dominique’s. My BR wants to be top hen but the one photographed here is top as of now. She’s the biggest. Almost double the size of everyone else. And also the sweetest thing ever. My BR took longer to come around
Oh, TSC... I just today picked up a Turken, a Lavender Orp, and a Spitzhauben from a bin marked "Blue Andalusians." 🤣🤣🤣🤣

She sounds awesome! I'm glad she's on the mend.

Oh, TSC... I just today picked up a Turken, a Lavender Orp, and a Spitzhauben from a bin marked "Blue Andalusians." 🤣🤣🤣🤣

She sounds awesome! I'm glad she's on the mend.
It’s like a surprise every single time. And honestly one I’d never be upset with (unless it was with my dream breed). Thank you. She is incredible. She hangs out on my shoulder and dances with me. Hate to say it but she’s my best friend 😂😂

It’s like a surprise every single time. And honestly one I’d never be upset with (unless it was with my dream breed). Thank you. She is incredible. She hangs out on my shoulder and dances with me. Hate to say it but she’s my best friend 😂😂
Don't hate to say it. I think that's the best thing I've heard all day.

Back
Top Bottom