pullet with weird cravings - pregnant???

Somechickens are just more curious than others, though. And once tey try something they can really get fixated. I had one chicken that just kept pecking and ecking the bark at the bottom of a particular crabapple tree. We kept thinking there must be larvae or something but there just weren't and not one other bird ever got interested in that tree. Mysterious.

Paint chips can't be good for her, though. Any way to fence off the area where the peeling garage paint is?

grit yes - not oystershell. Had planned on getting some Monday since the feedstore is closed on weekends. The flock has been fed a mix of gamebird grower, layena, and mixed flock food. I give them some kind of "treat" most days. Right now it has been things like leaf lettuce, cooked mixed veggies - but not in any quantity. I also give them some yougurt every few days. I throw out 3 handfuls of cracked corn almost every day also. Between 17 birds and the squirrels it's not a lot.

I'm not sure if she is laying or not at this point. I have had three eggs in two days out of the 4 pullets. They look to be millie eggs and they are the only ones who squat besides my golden lakenvelder. I just don't know who left me the presents
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom